Love Language is a Big Deal


One of my favorite things is gift wrapping more than giving the gift itself. I love making a gift look oh so pretty! Figures because  my love language is "Acts of Service" so the work behind the gift to me has always been more important than the gift itself. I always knew that I loved adding extra details that required a bit of work to a gift, or creating something like a meal was more important to me than the gift itself. What I didn't know was the why. Why was I this way? Until years ago I found a book called "The 5 Love Languages" by Gary Chapman.



It changed my life in a way that it allowed me to accept me just the way I am but also to really look at all the people around me and LOVE them just the way they need to be loved. It really is my go to book.


I want to encourage you this gift giving season to consider these 5 love languages as you purchase and give gifts. Sometimes the recipient would rather have you meet them for a cup of coffee, or  make them a simple gift rather than purchasing something just to give.

THE 5 LOVE LANGUAGES
1.) WORDS OF AFFIRMATION 
2.) ACTS OF SERVICE
3.) QUALITY TIME
4.) PHYSICAL TOUCH
5.) GIFTS

A few years ago I woke up (a few days right before Christmas) to some banging and pounding. Damien had decided to create for me a coffee center. This by far has been my favorite gift that he has ever given me. The most expensive? Probably not, but it came from the sweat of hands and it was such a LOVING ACT OF SERVICE that I cried when he was done and no expensive gift could have made that Christmas better!


Learning how the people around us and especially our spouses give and receive love is a big deal! 
And its a big deal when you are able to focus on their Love Language rather than just giving in to society's norm of the bigger the better, the more expensive the more you love that person.
Get creative this Christmas Season and let the people you Love know that sometimes a gift can be more than just a gift in hand.

So using my Love Language I created a gift tags that you can download, print and use to make that gift extra special.

xoxo, 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top